Create the Relationship You've Always Dreamed Of.
Feel truly connected.
Experience real and lasting intimacy.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
"Strengthening Relationships" is a 4-week, online course for couples (and individuals) who want to strengthen and enhance their relationship, have constructive conflict and strong communication.
For less than the price of 2 traditional therapy sessions (or one night out with your partner for dinner and a show) you will receive 4 weeks of therapy curriculum along with the exercises and tools, which will allow you to practice and implement what you've learned - in order to make it all really work (that equates to at least 8 hours of in-person therapy)!
In this 4-week, online course, you will learn how to strengthen your relationship with your partner. This is therapy that you can do together (or on your own) - on your own time, in the privacy of your own home (instead of at a scheduled time in an offsite location, such as a couples therapy session).
We’ll take a structured look at some of the areas where we create the most stress in our couple relationship (communication, sex, finances, feelings and unmet needs) and learn constructive ways for you and your partner to use the tools, practices and strategies to work on these areas and use conflict as an opportunity for growth -- not destruction.
Exploring Feelings & Unmet Needs
We’ll talk about the ways to have nonviolent communication with your partner and how you can use Imago Therapy techniques to approach your problems as a “team” and understand explore the impacts of projections and perspective within the relationship.
You will learn how to:
- communicate with your partner in a nonthreatening (nonviolent) way;
- understand how the past is informing your projections and perspective within the relationship;
- catch yourself when you’re projecting onto your partner and when you’re feeling your partner’s projections onto you (and remember that these projections are not about you…); and
share your perceptions about reality, so that you’re on the same page with your partner and can understand where you think about things differently.
Creating Financial Intimacy
You will learn how to:
- align your financial goals with your partner’s;
- develop your financial skill set;
- create a safe and common ground for collaborating on financial matters; and
- break out of traditional thinking and create a plan that’s unique to your relationship.
Expanding Sexual Intimacy
You will learn:
- how to get in touch with what you actually desire and how to communicate your unmet needs and desires to your partner -- in a constructive, safe, and non-threatening way;
- to negotiate the kinds of physical and emotional intimacy each of you want to have in your relationship;
- how you can develop the intimacy with your partner -- around who each of you are today -- and get to a true, fulfilling and deep connection with your partner; and
- the skills to approach the subject with confidence.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Weekly Videos from Susan (Certified Marriage & Family Therapist) - Detailed guidance and exercises on relationship topics including finances, sex, and communication.
Video Transcripts - to serve as reminders and quick reference, following the course
Homework Assignments - exercises for your to both practice and implement what you’re learning
Worksheets and Guides - to help you to develop your relationship skills and understanding of yourself and your partner
2 Confidential Community Calls - to answer questions, expand on topics of special interest and share experiences
Community Call Follow-Up Videos - to recapture highlights and expand on any questions raised during the calls
- Couples who are wanting to feel content and happy and work on/improve their relationship
- Those in long-term relationships who want to work on the relationship in a more structured way to keep connected
- Couples who have just met and want to develop a healthy base
- Couples who want to stay together and maintain a healthy base
- Couples who are going through a life change (e.g., having kids, having kids leave, having a death of a parent and wanting to get back on track)
- People who are trying to pay more attention to their relationships
- Couples who are continuing to add different tools and techniques to their foundation
Will you still get something out of it for yourself?
If one partner works on themselves outside of the relationship, it can positively impact the connection. This may require the person who is leading the charge to do it generously. How will they talk about what they’re learning, not feel resentful passing and practicing the information they are learning? Be comfortable taking the lead. Realize the emotional value of learning new ways to connect, and know that the decision to grow far outweighs not making an effort.
- A 4-week, online course to strengthen your relationship with your partner
- A course for you to do together - on your own time, in the privacy of your own home (instead of at a scheduled time in an offsite location, such as a couples therapy session).
- A structured look at some of the areas where we create the most stress in our couple relationship.
- A constructive way for you and your partner to learn tips and strategies to work on these areas and use conflict as an opportunity for growth -- not destruction.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF…
- You want to build a more fulfilling, stronger relationship with your partner.
- You want to go beyond feeling misunderstood and having conflicts.
- You want to improve all areas of your relationship including intimacy, communication, and feeling loved.
- You would like to balance your relationship better and you need to prioritize and work toward a better connection.
- You want to work on your relationship but you don’t have the time in your schedule to go to therapy.